Thursday, August 11, 2011

Much to catch up on

I have a million things I need to blog about from Essaouira. So much has happened and nothing has happened. I need to write about getting henna from maybe a witch and dancing on a rooftop all night and discovering magic tea. I need to write about meeting up with my long-lost best friend and walking on the beach with one of my favorite authors (also a long-lost friend) and how crazy it was getting to Rabat. There may or may not have been some kidnapping.

I need to write about fasting and iftar and so many sahoors.

but right now I'm exhausted so let me just say I am safe, I am alive, I have made it to Rabat with Chev and the last of my classmates still joining us. (Kristi, we miss you so much!)

So I am going to sleep. I will write again soon, inshallah. We have a few more days in Rabat and then I'll be off to Casablanca for my flight to Paris and on to Ouagadougou.

More to come. 

2 comments:

  1. Chev and I may have kidnapped Beau. A little. It was like a little sorta kidnapping. Roofies were not .... ok well they weren't a central part of the plan.

    ReplyDelete