Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cafe hopping until the Riad opens

The Riad, which is a general term for a traditional house with a garden inside and no external windows, is the study haven for those of us living in the Medina. Unfortunately it doesn't open until 4:30PM, which means that we have a lot of time to kill before it opens. Three classmates and I are chilling in a cafe in the Medina just waiting for the magic 4:30 to arrive.

Ok I gave up writing on my iphone, but we spent the afternoon in 3 different cafes, getting lunch, coffee, ice cream and bonding over high school stories. It was pretty great. Now we're in the Riad, but I'm having trouble starting my homework since it is so lovely and cool. Don't believe me?

Proof:






Clearly Beau, Kristi and Ryan are not having the same problem. I should probably actually get to work now. I think I've mitigated the mosquito problem somewhat (though I have to say it's really upsettingly difficult to buy mosquito nets here. No one seems to know what I'm talking about) with a plug-in thing like a glade air freshener only with pesticides. Sweet, sweet pesticides. Also the IPE office solved my financial aid woes by calling the financial aid office. My aid is posted and I'm actually in better financial shape that I'd possibly imagined I could be. (Burkina Faso, here I come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment