Thursday, June 23, 2011

So, I bought this Jellaba...

It's great. I love it. It fits me well, I probably overpaid, but whatever, I love it. I thought it would be great to wear around, but especially great to sleep in as defense against the mosquitos. I told my host family this and they went from being THE MOST EXCITED about my having the jellaba, to horror at the idea of me sleeping in it. "No, it is too nice for that." My host sister said. "It will wrinkle. You should only wear it on very very special days."

So I have a great Jellaba that I can't sleep in or wear outside except on special occasions.


What is a girl to do?

I think this weekend I'm going to try to get some more clothes. Zoe bought some awesome tunics, and I hope I can find something long-sleeved with a long skirt (but not so nice that my host family will object) to sleep in. The mosquitos are definitely still winning. No one seems to know what mosquito nets are or where to buy them (not even the Moroccan Wal-Mart, Marjane, had them) but I think that as the summer gets hotter and drier there will be less of them (inshallah).

2 comments:

  1. There are whole threads dedicated to how people can't find mosquito nets in Morocco...I think you might have a business opportunity because they are widely available else where in Africa and even Spain. Lets go 50/50 on this and take over the mosquito net business there! haha

    ReplyDelete